5 Days till I move

Well I sweated a lot yesterday after work. It was hot and I was preaty busy. I had not intended to do much packing last night but instead do more playing and pack the rest of the week but I was struck by some motivation and got some packing up done.

Here is the curb in front of our house this morning.

That pile of stuff is the beginning of things Jenna Derrick and I don’t want to move and can’t stay in the house. I think I have a lot more to add and luckily the scavengers have already been out working it over some.

So I got started yesterday after work with mowing my and Ray’s lawns. Then I carried out a bunch of old computer monitors, printers, scanners and other junk from the basement. I hauled stuff outside until Heath showed up. Then I packed a few boxes inside and we decided to go for a run later on. Heath went to the store and got beer and stuff and I packed some more. When she got home we looked over some more furniture to decided what to keep and what to trash. Then we cooked up some dinner. I am not trying to buy groceries so my food plans have gotten more bizzar then normal. I raided some of Derrick’s food and came up with an amazing dinner for us.

1 Block of Velveeta Cheese
1 Big pile of noodles
1 can spinach
2 cans tuna
1 can peas
1 can rotel tomatoes and chlis
2 cups milk

I mixed all this together in a big pot and heated it up till all the cheese was liquid and it was all nice and mixed up. Then we went for our run. When we got back we put it in a backing pan and cooked a bit. Then I covered it all in a thin layer of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.

We baked it till the top was a golden brown and then served with Garlic bread it was a cheesy, slightly spicy delight.

So back to our run, we ran down to the circuit training course in front of UMKC.

Then we did the course once at the medium level. The course consisted of maybe a 1/4 of a mile trail with 5-8 stations spread out on it. Each station has 3 things to do at it like pull ups, sit ups and all sorts of crazy things you never typically do all built out of old wood and painted a weird orange red color. The course was not too bad but we were sweating like crazy and kinda worn down from all the moving and the heat. So we just ran home and ate dinner. After dinner Jon showed up and helped me move some heavy stuff while Heath packed up all my movies and dishes.

Once we were done with that I decided we should be done for the night. The house is in total disarray with a massive pile of packed boxes taking up one part of the family room and furniture on it’s way out to the curb or out to the new house on the other. We managed to put together a circle of seats to sit around and talk at. We broke out some drinks and just talked about stuff for a while. Jon was very excited about trying to set up a karaoke system in the basement and he may have me on board for it.

Tonight I think I am going to go to Harbor Freight and buy a dolly (2 wheel hand truck not

I am going to need to use one to get my printer out of the basement and it will come in handy moving out. I am a little concerned that I will not find one that I really like and end up getting one with big inflatable tires then one tire will get a little low and when I carry heavy stuff it will be uneven and I will regret getting inflatable tires. However the alternative is to get one with regular rubber tires but all these seem to be small and week or have the tiny shelf on them for moving apliances.

25 Responses to 5 Days till I move

Hearing about our delicious dinner last night makes me hungry again!  I forgot to bring some for my lunch today.  Dang-it!

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit,

Photo

his wife and 7-year-old son were found slain Monday, June 25, 2007 at their Fayette County home, authorities said. Sheriff’s Lt. Tommy Pope said the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he would release no other details about the deaths at the house near White Water Country Club.

3. Becky says:

They are saying now that it was a double murder-suicide.  I think the subject line says it all.

i can’t help but think lex lugar is somehow involved in this . . .

do you think he finished off his family with the crippler crossface?  what?  too soon?

that dinner sounds like the most delicious thing anyone has ever done with tuna fish . . . congrats.

I have a friend with an extra 311 ticket that he is trying to unload for $30.  If anyone knows of someone looking for a ticket, let me know and I can give you his info.

FYI, the concert is this June 29, 2007, not June 29, 1998 . . . so keep that in mind.

is anyone going to buy an iphone on friday?  i feel like it’s necessary, but i think i’m just getting caught up in all the hype . . .

yeah the comments for the last few days have been me and you.

They look cool on the comercials, but not $600 cool!

who is this?

here’s my logic.  i don’t have an iPod/MP3 player, i need a new phone, the combo of which will cost me $500 if i want to do it up right.  i’ll pay that to reduce it to one device that i can carry around and i’ll finally be cool if i get one . . .

the undertaker and paul bearer have re-united to prepare the funeral arrangements

a marionette cage match between mr. perfect and chris benoit . . .

do you think the paramedic lifted benoit’s arm three times before he declared him dead?

a reporter on scene was quoted as saying there was no suicide note found.  "there was blood everywhere, but there was no suicide note," stated oakerlund.

maybe a good plan but I would wait a while before getting one.

Check out my Sword making page you can find it in the list of stuff on the right side of the page.

16. Becky says:

There are actually people waiting in line now to get this when it comes out on Friday.  Also there are people going on craigslist to find other people to pay to stand in line for them.  This seems a little extreme to me…

Greg Packer

that’s probably one of the best how-to articles i’ve ever read.  a keg tap would be an awesome conversation piece . . .

btw, the vacuum line set to blow is one of the most ingenious ideas i’ve ever heard.  you need to find a way to control the temp though . . . hmm . . . how could you accomplish that?

I like the idea of not controlling the temp but useing materials that won’t melt at those temperatures. Professionalls all use ceramic I think. But we could give it less air or less fuel to keep the temp down some just hard to gage (my thermometer does not go that high) also I think Pops would be bummed out if I melted another dutch oven.

I wonder about an old broken crock pot? not broken glass but maybe does not get hot enough or something.

mine only goes to 105 degrees 🙁

i would think that if you just ran the vacuum in intervals it would help.  there’s gotta be a happy medium in there between 1200 degrees and 2000 degrees that you can hit.

I heard it was only going to be available to AT&T wireless customers.  Did anyone else hear this?  If so, Kevin you will be out of luck being a Sprint person.  Cry??

I’ve been working on this project that started last Thursday and it takes all day with no time to get on the site….until now.  It should wrap up tomorrow though and then I should be back to normal postings.

It’s wierd doing stuff at work.

july 2nd my contract expires . . . so there.

also, way to stay up on the news geoff.  they only realeased the AT&T info a year ago . . .

benoit obviously didn’t seek the renowned knot tying ability of owen hart.

for a lack of comments by removing today’s post?

I didn’t do it but I guess the site was down a while and now looks like it was restored to yesterday or last night or something. I guess the internet gods were mad  about Kevin making fun of Benoit.