Hillsdale Campout

I was all over this weekend but the best pictures are from Friday night.

Heath Peanut and I rushed to Hillsdale lake and set up our little weekend paradise after work on Friday.

We have camped out about every weekend that Peanut is with us and so we have gotten to be fairly quick and efficient at getting our stuff ready to go. This is the first time in a while we got to set up before the sun was going down so we got everything ready and then did not know what to do. We were close to the beach and it was really hot but we were waiting on Heath’s uncle and cousin and mom. So we snacked and drank a couple beers and checked out our site. We brought out the boat but decided to leave it at the campsite until Saturday morning.

We got a great spot that had woods around the side and back and the water was real close too. You can’t see it in the picture but the lake is about 20 feet behind my boat through the trees. We brought some big firewood but Peanut and I collected some small stuff to help get it going.

I got a fire going with the small stuff and we added a couple of the big logs so we could start generating some good coals. On the canoe trip I forgot to pack Peanut’s tent so this time we set it up first thing so he could play in it.

Once everyone got to the site and unpacked we headed to the beach and swam and played in the sand and relaxed until the ranger came at dusk and told everyone to leave. Once back at the site I got the fire built up and pushed some coals off to the side under the grate and got our dinner cooking. We had the classic camp out kielbasa sausage w/ spicy mustard. This is always a popular appetizer. I also cooked up some chicken that had marinated in BBQ sauce and a pan of Alfredo noodles.

Heath’s family grilled up some hot dogs too. Then Peanut cooked a few marshmallows on graham crackers and I was criticized for not bringing chocolate for them. Before we went to bed the raccoons moved in and started attacking our food supplies.

So we had to hang the trash bag and secure the coolers and food tub. We went to bed shortly after and Peanut yelled at the raccoons and shined a flashlight on them whenever they worked a cooler over. We made it through the night and had a decent sleep in spite of the heat. In the morning all our stuff had survived the raccoon attack so we cooked up a big pan of eggs, bacon, cheese and leftover kielbasa and put it on tortillas. Then we aired up the tube and I pulled kids behind the boat for a while. It was a great morning on the lake and we all enjoyed the boat and beach. Then we packed up camp and headed home.

21 Responses to Hillsdale Campout

almost as out doorsy at my 7 hour movie theater trip on saturday.  the simpsons, transformers and bourne ultimatum are all good movies by the way.

i’ve never seen such a pricey item on woot . . . what’s the deally yo?

oh yeah, and my ac is broken at work.  it’s about 83 degrees in here and the gross lady that sits next to me still decided that she needs her morning oatmeal . . . my whole office is hot and smelly.

Was it a buy one, get two free weekend?  Sneaky…very sneaky!

I agree with that comment about the woot item.  I was confused when I saw the price.

That is horrible.  Hopefully they fix that AC soon because it’s supposed to be in the upper 90s today.

Upper 90s + Gross Lady with Oatmeal – AC = High Vomit Potential.

Think they will let you out when the office gets to be 95 today?

I thought it was wierd too but once I read the discription it made some sence why they were on woot. Apparently it’s a good deal. I think my washer and dryer will be dead soon and I will get some on craigslist for a bit cheeper price.

. . . they’ll let me leave early.  i may leave under my own accord though.  this is pretty disgusting.  it’s just dead air.  it doesn’t help that the lady that sits next to me radiates heat and stank.

Or is she the one that sits next to you?

Alright Kevin you need to stop drinking water and start trying to sweat more. Go to the bathroom and try to wipe off all your deodorant, also do some jumping jacks while in there if you are alone.  Take a few breaks throughout the day to run some sprints in the parking lot. Make sure not to drink anything and maybe try to breath heavy. If done correctly I only see good times comeing your way.

Best case you pass out and they have to close the office until the AC is fixed.

Or if that does not work at least you are the stinky one that bothers your co workers.

Or they rush to get the AC fixed and send you home to change.

she’s the one stinking up the office . . . i’m praying for the ac to come back, not just because it smells and is hot, but because if Wok has a heat stroke, i’m obligated to help her.  apparently the heat is giving her breating problems.  she’s so gross.

11. Ben Clark says:

Allie and I went to First Watch in Fairway after mass and ran into Jesse Sieve who works there part time while starting his Marriage and Family Counseling practice down the street.

it’s a buy-one-get-as-many-as-you-want every time you visit the theater.  my cousin’s friend jason likened the movie theaters to an amusement park.  you’re not going to pay to get in and just go on one ride.

you running into me isn’t important enough to mention, but sieve is?

are you sure it was a Marriage and Family Counseling practice and not a Janet Jackson fan club?

14. Ben Clark says:

I did think that running into you was the highlight of my weekend, so much so that I didn’t want to share it with theprewitt.com, call me selfish.

Did Dan make any inappropriate jokes at the alter? i.e. the disappearing pig trick from Willow as performed on Elora Danan.

Jesse’s actually been married for 3.5 years.

Note for future reference.

Apparently going to dinner with Ashley and I on Saturday night is also not as important as seeing Sieve.  I’m disturbed by your love for Sieve and not me, Ben.

17. Ben Clark says:

…I wasn’t documenting all of my events for the weekend you nancies.  I also took two naps, mowed the lawn and shot at woodland creatures out of my upstairs windows.

Did you hit any of the woodland creatures you were shooting at?  Were you using a BB gun?

19. Ben Clark says:

…pellet gun and yes.

Are you sure you were not playing Duck Hunt???

you weren’t hunting for karen kornacki with your pellet gun?