Hillsdale Pictures

Not sure what little teaser to put up before the post…
What would you guys like to see? I am guessing this?

Was I right? Remind anyone of a jewlery party?

Peanut, Heath and me went out to Hillsdale Lake last night after work. I had planned to cook up some chicken legs and thighs on the grill but I let the chicken thaw way too long and did not feel comfortable feeding it to anyone. So we took out some ham for sandwiches to eat with a bacon ranch pasta salad we had made the night before. We went to Captains Cove and were really hot when we got there so first thing went for a swim. Peanut is geting really comfortable in the water and we all swam from the shore out to the shalow spot where our island was last year. Peanut was just able to touch out there and liked playing arround out there.

After dinner and some more swiming arround we decided to go to the beach. The beach is a ways out from our cove and Peanut wanted to go slow and we decided we would never make it to the beach at a slow speed so we just went arround the corner to the windsurfer beach. This beach is close and empty so thats good. However it is little rocks instead of sand and it’s more off the main part of the lake so lots more stuff washes up on it and the water is not as nice.

The water all over the lake was too hot for me. The first 2-3 feet of water is like warm bathwater and just barely refreshing.

I was all over the camera last night and picked the 5 best pictures for the site. I really don’t have much to say about what was going on in them mostly we just set the timer and posed.

EATING

SHORE

BOAT

DRIVING

CRUISING

I’m kinda sick of this crazy heat. (109 heat index today) Normally I like it to be hot but now the water is even hot. Heath and I were trying to make a fun plan for stuff to do this weekend but many of our ideas were turned down because it would be too hot. Too hot to camp, too hot to run, too hot to hike, too hot to go to Pittsburg and play at Kellys, too hot to go to Grandma’s farm, too hot to go to the zoo. We are thinking about takeing the boat to the Kansas river on Friday night (rivers have moveing water and I am thinking it will feel colder?) then going to Lee Pool on Saturday in the morning and staying inside in the afternoon and making pizza again on Saturday night. Since Peanut missed out on the snake pizza we will probably make all sorts of fun shapes. Let me know if you can think of other fun stuff for us to do this weekend with Peanut that will not give him a heat stroke.

13 Responses to Hillsdale Pictures

I heard today it is supposed to be in the low 90s later this week/weekend.  That will feel alot cooler I’m sure, but maybe not cool enough to prevent a Peanut Heat Stroke.

I’m having a b-day party at Sol Cantina on Saturday for Ashley if anyone is interested in stopping by for a few drinks.  Probably will get there between 6 and 7:00.

i didn’t have time to read the whole post, but i’m thinking about getting a new truck . . . i got a letter in the mail this week saying i could get a good deal at olathe toyota and that my camry is in demand.

i know that they send those out periodically, but maybe now is the time to get something new . . . what does anyone think about tacomas?  i kinda want one . . .

are cool.  I would suggest an extended cab, or maybe even a 4-door truck…. You will have to keep your firefighter gear somewhere easy to access!

Who likes sauerkraut?  Whats the difference between can and fresh? I am bringing this over from the meat club event a week away.

it’s good on reubens and brats w/ peppers.

i didn’t even know fresh kraut existed.  canned is what i always use.

I looked at Tacomas and liked them alot, but went with my truck because of the deal I got.  I’ll let  you have my truck if you want it.  I’m not sure I like it as much as i used to.

My dad knows Frank Molle because they get their company cars at Hillcrest from him I think.  He might be able to get you a good deal on a Tacoma.

I got to drive one at Country Stampede.  They had this fun offroad course set up.  It was badass.  However, if you get a truck, you better not be one of those pussies who never wants to fuck it up.

i’ll take it . . .

i would be a gyner at first.  then as i ease in to having a new car, i would let ‘er fly . . .

i didn’t know this topic would stir up so much conversation . . . i may hold off until i get a new job, so don’t expect me to pull up in a truck this weekend.

Just give Kevin your truck Geoff, be a buddy.

this would have been perfect for survivorman party but I just found it

13. Ben Clark says:

Is this a surprise party, because Allie asked Ashely what the plan was for Sat and she started cursing your name because you hadn’t planned anything yet?