A typical start to a long night

Well after work I made a sweet dinner.

I took some country style pork rib meat and cut it into strips then wrapped it up in foil with onion, green peppers, garlic, and terriaki sauce. I tossed this in the toaster oven then started the rice cooker up with some good short grain Asian white rice. Above the rice I put in frozen green beans, corn carrots and more garlic.

We went for a run that was not very far but kicked our butts. Heath and I are in terrible shape to be running a 1/2 marathon in a few weeks. We got home and tore up the dinner while watching the $1 "Happy Feet" we had rented from the library. Once done eating I went out on the deck and got to putting down the wood sealant stuff and Heath and Peanut went to get groceries and take back the movie. I painted until it got dark then I got my drop light and tried to continue to paint but it looked terrible so I stopped. Heath and Peanut got lots of yummy fruit and veggies and snacks to eat while tailgateing tonight. I really don’t know what exactly but I’m sure it will compliment the beer and the $1 hot dogs nicely.

That brings up an interesting question I tried to answer this week.

If you really like to grill and have fire while out at a stadium but want to take full advantage of $1 hot dogs what do you cook? It seems like some sort of appetizer type dish that you can cook or reheat on a fire but I never came up with one. Any ideas for next time?

So we pained and got stuff to eat and drink then we put Peanut to bed and assured him there were no bears in the house. ( I told him about Goldilocks at the library) Then Heath ran back to the store for forgotten stuff and I got ready for work.

I went in and did some easy reboots and put some fans in stuff and was extra careful to make sure everything was working properly when I left. I was home for 30 min or so and got a call that something was broke. I tried to fix it with remote desktop but it was a hard drive failure or something so I had to go in and touch stuff so got ready and went back to work. I confirmed that it had been working fine when I left an hour or so earlier and then tried to track down the problem. My main concern was getting every functional by 5am when people came in and needed to access their data.

I had 300GB of data to move aground and make accessible and got it all done by 3am then went home and slept till 9:30 or so this morning. Then I talked Stephen into breakfast and then came in to try to figure out what happened.


This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to A typical start to a long night

Leave a Reply