Mothersday weekend

Peanut is a big fan of the new camera and likes to take pictures with it too.

Well Friday was a bit of a wacky day for my schedule. It all started when I went to mothers day lunch with my Grandma, mom, uncle, aunt and Heath. Lunch was late and far and threw off my whole schedule. I ended up picking up Peanut from daycare early for Heath and bringing him to work late with me. Well eventually we went home and played with Stooks. This is when Peanut found the camera and started taking pictures.

He took a bunch of pictures of Berry and the wall and the deck and the trees and anything he could find.

We played until Heath came home then ate dinner and got Peanut in bed. Tony came by and we headed to Lew’s with Stooks while Heath went to bed. We got a few drinks at Lew’s then headed to Tommy Farha’s and had a few there before heading home. McDonald’s was closed for cleaning so we had a bag of fritos and watched the office before bed.

In the morning Tony, Stooks, Peanut and I got up kinda early and headed to Gomer’s Chicken for breakfast. It was great and we got home just in time to finish packing and get ready for Heath to come home. She had an early morning pancake feed and was just getting done. Then Heath, Peanut and I drove down to Nevada, MO where my other Grandma lives.

We met up with my sister Kelly and visited my Grandma in the hospital. (she recently had a stroke and visiting her was the main purpose of the trip) We left the hospital close to 2:00 and were starving. We had a bit of a hard time finding a place to eat but eventually settled on Cowboys Grill.

It was a greasy cheeseburger place and the food was pretty good. While parking I noticed a street sign down the street.

Being a goober I had to take a bunch of pictures for use as desktop backgrounds.

My mom and brother met up with us at the restaurant and we all ate together. Then mom and Matt headed to the hospital and the rest of us headed to my Aunt and Uncles house to visit and play with my cousins. They had a lot of good toys and Peanut was very busy playing. Eventually we tore him away and headed over to Pittsburg (45min away). We got my mom, both sisters, brother, Heath and Peanut together for dinner at Cafe Del Rio.

After dinner we headed to Kelly for some Wii. We mostly played Mario Cart. Peanut had been wound up all day and instead of crashing out as we all expected he had a slow wind down. It was really hard to get him to fall asleep and he may have stayed up longer then us.

In the morning Kelly made a great breakfast then we went to Carri’s house to help move some of her stuff. While we were moving things Peanut found a neighbors cat to play with that was very laid back.

Peanut captured it and carried it around for a while then put it in some tall grass and built it a house by pulling up grass and covering the cat with it.

After we had a full car we headed toward home. On the way we stopped at Heath’s mom’s house to grill up some lunch and wish her a happy mothers day. Lunch took several hours but eventually we headed toward home again. We stopped on the way at my mom’s house to unload Carri’s stuff and pick up the beer and burrito we had left at Kelly’s then we drove the last 10 minutes to our house.

It was time for our mothers day and heath opened her presents.

Once they were opened Peanut got in the tub and I washed dishes and Heath started some laundry. When we were all done we laid Peanut in our bed and watched the Simpson’s. Then we put Peanut in bed. It was early for him but he had not had any naps this weekend and a late night on Saturday so he was ready for bed.

Jon showed up during bed time and once Peanut was in bed I headed outside to help him unload his old motorcycle. He had driven it up from Oklahoma and was preparing to sell it on Craigslist. Stephen came by to help and ended up buying the bike with his brother.

Jon push started it a few times and rode it up and down the block. We filled my canoe with water to see if it would leak and then Jon left and I headed in to check on Heath and Peanut. Heath and I did a bit more cleaning up then did an arm workout video that I expect will really make me sore. Then I took a shower and got in bed. I ate a late lunch between 3 and 4 so skipped dinner but once in bed my stomach informed me it was not pleased about this.

I had to get up and cook a hot dog and warm up Heath’s fish and chips remains then I was asleep in no time.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Mothersday weekend


    what about me seeing at certain someone at mother’s day mass?  pony doesn’t read this site anyway . . .

  2. Heather says:

    Who is this certain special someone, and why are they so importan that you want to mention you saw them, but not tell us who they are?

  3. thePrewitt says:

    I did kinda forget. I’ll make it up to TV tomorow. To be fair though I don’t think he has ever made it to my site and just sent out a mas text message.  Nevermind that is classic pony.

  4. Anonymous says:

    How does your nail look>

  5. Mistro says:

    That was me.

  6. thePrewitt says:

    the hole may be a bit bigger and underneath is a bit cleaner but otherwise no change. I’m not sure why it won’t come off.

  7. Ge-off says:

    No mention of Gardenhose’s news about getting engaged?

  8. Mistro says:

    I agree Geoff, an enagement is pretty big news.  Looks like someone is only interested in talking about his own wedding.

  9. Stooks says:

    My dad slammed one of his fingers in a storm window that locked shut
    after the slamming.  He ended up going to the doctor and the doctor
    burned a hole through his nail to relieve the pressure.  Blood spurted
    out in an intense fashion.

  10. thePrewitt says:

    did the dr say anyhting about it falling off or keeping it clean or anything?

    I’ll be curious to see it fht blood spurt makes it better faster. Mine had a lot of pressure and pain a day after or so.  

  11. Ge-off says:

    The first part of her name is "Cum Thirsty".  Do you still want to know who he saw, Heath?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *