Doubleheader at the softball park

I started getting dinner ready as soon as I came home. We needed to eat something quick so we could head out to Heath’s Softball game.

We had some frozen spinach stuffed rigatoni and some spaghetti sauce with meatballs, garlic toast and a can of Popeye spinach.

As we were sitting down to eat the Corning Ware pot slipped from my fingers and was destroyed.

There was glass and spinach all over the sink. So we abandoned the spinach and I tried an experimental can of asparagus.

We ate and once the asparagus was warmed up we ate it too. It was kinda gross and I probably won’t buy it canned anymore.

Then we headed to the game. The softball park had a playground and Peanut wanted to play there all night.

They had a fiberglass turtle that was pretty cool and some rubber netting stuff to climb. The netting inspired Peanut to play spider man and he climbed to the top then squatted and held on waiting for bad guys to come.

Just like this.

When he was not perching or sliding around on the turtle he was selling me Iced Tea (pieces of mulch) and I was paying dearly for them (more mulch).

Fortunately we did not play on the playground all night and I was able to tear him away and over to the game occasionally. Just as you would expect at a coed adult softball league, there was a lot of this going on.

But they played the whole time too.

We saw Heath hit a double and toss in a few balls. We missed her dramatic slide into base but saw the aftermath of the out.

After the doubleheader we congratulated Heath and met her coach, who went to high school with me. So as not to get lawyers involved I’ll not name names and just say initials JR and dated Dan Hilboldt.

So we headed home and got Peanut in pajamas and his teeth brushed and read him a story. Then Heath cleaned up and I headed to the deck to join Stooks and Stephen for a beer or two before heading to bed.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Doubleheader at the softball park

  1. Ge-off says:

    What kind of mess was it??

    I had a worse one on my leg in grade school when we were playing kickball in gym class.  I sat in the nurse’s office for like 2 hours while they poured peroxide on it.  I ended up having a scar on my leg for like 3 years.

  2. thePrewitt says:

    I never saw a picture of that one.

  3. Ge-off says:

    no pictures exist of my past injury.  It looked very similar only maybe an inch or two wider on the lower part of the leg.

  4. The Mrs. says:

    is the pusy messy part!  Gross!

  5. Ge-off says:

    Is that the Blue Valley Softball complex?  It looks familiar.  I play there on Sunday nights in a co-ed league.

  6. The Mrs. says:

    We play doubble headders co-ed on Wed nights.  Blue Valley Softball Complex…over by Deana Rose petting zoo.

  7. The Mrs. says:

    I know you all are concerned with my injury from softball last night, but I just wanted to give you an update.  The cleaning last night was rather painful…the water rinsing off the dirt felt like little knives stabbing, then came the soap.  Instead of being a warm enjoyable wash, it was rather bothersom, feeling more like I was rubbing, no, grinding in little pebbles deep into my wound. After gettting out of the shower, I proceeded to put hydrogen proxide on the freshly cleaned wound.  The bubbles flowing..telling me it was cleaning, was giving me the thougth that maybe an amputation would be needed.  But, buy the time I got out to the deck to enjoy a beer with my wonderful husband and some friends, the pain had subsided.

    Now it is just a pussy mess that is covered in neosporin.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe without commenting