Mike joined us for dinner and I had an excuse to make his favorite dish.
I started with some ground deer meat and added corn, onion, peas, eggs, oats, peppers, celery, bread crumbs, cracker crumbs, probably several other things and a new test ingredient 1/4 lbs of sausage.
I mixed everything together well then formed a loaf in the pan and added 3 strips of turkey bacon along the top and stuck it in the toaster oven.
Then I got some asparagus going and mashed potatoes.
Heath made the taters and I got some sauce for the top of the meatloaf and even made an experimental gravy from meat loaf drippings for the taters.
We had some time before Mike showed up so we played a bit of wii and then went for a 1 mile walk. When we got home Mike was there and we dug in.
Everything was really good, the sausage was a nice touch, the bacon was a nice touch the gravy and sauce were good toppings too. Mike and I got seconds and all that was left was 1 slice I got to take to work for lunch today.
After dinner we were full on new calories to burn so headed downstairs to get to work. First Mike and I worked our way around the room measuring 6 inches down from the ceiling and marking a < every few feet.
Also we marked the location of the studs behind the wall. Then we went around the room and held a chalk line over all our little < and then snapped it making a cool blue line 6 inches down all the way around the room. This tells me where I should paint up to and where to start the crown molding when we start on that.
Then we moved to the bar area and behind it. Here is the best pre work picture I can find.
(sorry I wish it was a better angle)
Here is the bar now (notice whats missing?)
I had already cut part of the hole and done some framing around it. Mike and I rotated a drain pipe out of the way, widened the whole and even cut off part of the counter top then squeezed the big fridge through the tight hole. It was kinda rough going but we got it through with out too much damage and it looks good now. Its hard to open the doors so I need to figure out a handle plan and build a nice frame around it.
Then we moved on to the auxiliary TV in the back of the room.
I got a TV mount on Craigslist that I was told would hold up to a 27inch tv so we stuck the 27inch TV on it. Mike and I found a stud, drilled some holes and then added some beaffy screws. Once we stuck the TV up there it looked and felt like it wanted to roll forward so I think I’ll add another strap to the back just to be safe.
This was pretty much the end of the night. It got late quick and really snuck up on me. Mike headed home I showered and went to bed.