Pappy and Pumpkin home alone

Pumpkin and I kept busy yesterday. She had a cough Monday night and a runny nose. The cough was mostly gone yesterday morning but her nose was constantly running and occasionally she had a really messy sneeze. She didn’t seem to mind at all and was eager to follow me from room to room cleaning and putting things away and working on any project we could find. When I am  sick I tend to eat a lot and she also had a big appetite and ate lots. I really like tomato soup on noodles w/ lots of hot sauce in it when I have a cold so i decided to boil some noodles first thing and make her some soup w/ out the hot sauce. I got the noodles all ready then discovered we had no tomato soup. Instead I put in some chicken soup I found and some peas, shredded carrots and a can of cream of chicken. I ended up with a creamy pot of warm chicken noodle vegetable soup that Pumpkin was crazy about.

Mostly I fed her with a spoon but last night she ate some with her fingers.

Besides cleaning and putting away things we went to the post office in the morning to send our good camera in for repairs and in the afternoon we went outside so I could get the trash and recycles to the curb and Pumpkin could get some fresh air.
She got in her pink car for a minute then headed out to the driveway for a minute and then headed to the fence in the back yard to visit her friend DAwg. After a few minutes outside she started coughing so we headed back inside and warmed up.

Pumpkin slept in pretty late in the morning and after Heath left for work I headed out front and split wood till I heard her on the monitor. She also took a pretty big nap and I ended up splitting wood the whole time. When Heath got home from work both the girls were eager to snuggle up and nurse a bit so I headed outside and ran the chain saw on logs too long or to strange to split. After Pumpkin was in bed for the night I headed back out in the dark split a bit more then tossed all the split wood from the day into a nice big pile.

It was a very productive day wood wise and I was able to break up some big old logs that have been in my way for a long time. I was a bit sore this morning on my jog.

The last 2 nights Heath has gotten jogs in after work and I have got to run after or in the morning.

I also did quite a bit of cooking yesterday. Besides the soup I made a chicken pot pie full of chicken, broccoli, peas, carrots, spices and creamy stuff for dinner some night soon and for last night I made deer steak enchiladas. I filled 2 normal tortillas and 2 low calorie high fiber tortillas with deer steak, black beans, corn, tomato, spinach, onion and green peppers. Then I stuck them in a dish and topped with cilantro and jalapenos.

I mixed up some salsa and cream cheese then poured it over the top and then tossed on some shredded cheese.  While Heath was running I stuck it in the oven and let it bake for a while. Once Heath was back we made a big bowl of guac

to eat with dinner and then pulled this out of the oven.

It was pretty awesome and we both ate more then we planned. While eating and for a while afterward we watched Dextar and played with Pumpkin while giving her orange juice.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Pappy and Pumpkin home alone

  1. The Mrs. says:

    They were amazing!  the Cream Cheese mix was soooooo good smeared all over the top as the sauce.

  2. Courtney says:

    with cream cheese!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe without commenting